Remaining quantity data missing

Zack

Mar 10, 2012, 9:41:19 PM3/10/12
to Groupon API Forum
Getting a list of deals through the goods channel, I notice that there
is never data coming back for quantity remaining of a particular deal
option. This holds true for the attribute at the deal level as well
as the information per-option. According to the documentation I can
get this information in a bit less reliable way by subtracting sold
quantity from initial quantity. However, initial quantity appears to
always be empty as well. Is there something I need to do to have this
data populated or is it solely dependent on the business offering the
deal?

Zack

Alex Rakoczy

Mar 12, 2012, 1:37:04 PM3/12/12
to Groupon API Forum
Hi Zack,

Those fields exist only for legacy clients, and are no longer
supported by the API. They will always return 0.

The only remaining fields for quantity information are
soldQuantity (int)
soldQuantityMessage (string)
limitedQuantityRemaining (bool)

Hope this helps.
Alex

Zack Manning

Mar 12, 2012, 3:29:31 PM3/12/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Ah, thanks for the heads up Alex.  Is this documented anywhere that I missed?

Zack

Alex Rakoczy

Mar 12, 2012, 3:49:03 PM3/12/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Hey Zack,

The fields are in the response on the site, but not called out specifically in the documentation. We're actually in the process of rewriting all of our documentation with much more details and per-field descriptions.

Alex