Getting User Location In a Website

venugopal

Mar 22, 2014, 12:08:43 PM3/22/14
to group...@googlegroups.com
HI All,
please let me know if you have already done this.

If we have a website and if any user comes to our website
I want to place a widget which can bring the location of a groupon based on his lattude and longitude

I just want a 100 by 100 widget. I need to know the URL of Groupon and what parameters can be passed to that URL to get a result of the location from groupon.
is there any service or API for it, for some reason I was not able to fine help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
http://www.Dealscounty.com

Chris McKeever

Mar 22, 2014, 12:30:16 PM3/22/14
to group...@googlegroups.com
are you asking how to figure out a visitors location?  If so, do a google search for geoip .. you can use the visitors IP to semi-accurately predicate where they are from

Venu Gopal Darur

Mar 22, 2014, 12:39:31 PM3/22/14
to group...@googlegroups.com
HI Chris
thank you for replying me.
Groupon has separate divisions, the location of person can be captured through broswer headers
like latitude and longitude or IPaddress as you said.
   using these parameters either latitude or longitude or IPAddress
how can we find relative division_id of Groupon is there any REST service from Groupon?
once I get that I will call the
--
Darur Venugopal

venugopal

May 11, 2014, 6:10:47 PM5/11/14
to group...@googlegroups.com
hi Chris I have done much development in this region