TOS: Is this an OK use of the API

matt

Mar 14, 2012, 4:54:10 PM3/14/12
to Groupon API Forum
So I have a service that has news and other info about businesses. If
a business in our DB does a groupOn we want to know about it.

Would it be ok to use the API to get all of the group ons each day
around the US and create a link to it on that businesses page,
assuming that business is one we know about. I would have no problem
actually branding the link, in fact it would look better if the
groupon logo was next to the link.

Andrei

Mar 22, 2012, 7:58:44 PM3/22/12
to Groupon API Forum
Hi Matt,

I think it is a valid use case. From your short description it sounds
like you are adding value to merchants and users, which we love doing.
If your business is all about news aggregation (not deal aggregation)
then it seems like your use of Groupon data is not violating TOS.

You should definitely use the appropriate branding.

If you have a mock up or a prototype implementation of your service
that integrates Groupon deals we'd be more than happy to do a review.
Please send the link and a short summary to a...@groupon.com.

Kind regards,
Andrei