GroupMe user authentication in our mobile app.

Sheryl

Apr 7, 2016, 2:08:00 AM4/7/16
to GroupMe API Support
We're looking to integrate GroupMe in our mobile app (both iOS and android native) through your REST API. Is there a way to authenticate the user's groupme credentials (username/password) and send us back the access token of that user?

John Lotito

Apr 7, 2016, 2:34:55 AM4/7/16
to Sheryl, GroupMe API Support
Third parties can not authenticate directly with username and password. You must use oauth.