How to map uniprot and uniref proteins to the genomic location?

dr hilman

May 21, 2009, 2:58:18 PM5/21/09
to Group-4-Bioinformatics
Hi all,
I need to take a group of uniprot/uniref accessions and map them to
the genomic locations in order to extract the upstream genomic region.
I can't use biomart and ensembl since the genomes I am looking for are
not there - Nematostella and Hydra.
- Is there a way to get the genomic location directly from uniprot
ID's?
- I tried to map the uniprot gene to Refseq and then to Entrez genes,
and then to genomic... all these conversions can be tricky, and causes
me to loose a lot of data in the process.
Any ideas?

I want to implement it with python pr perl