Blastn 2.2.22 -segmentation fault when using -gapopen or -gapextend options

karmic_koala

Dec 10, 2009, 4:39:16 PM12/10/09
to Group-4-Bioinformatics
Hi all,
So I'm using standalone blastn 2.2.22 and I'm trying to blastn 95
sequences to it's own database to create a distance matrix. I have
been using this version since it came out without any problem until
today when I first trying to play around with -gapopen and -gapextend
options. I set the value of gapopen as -5 and gapextend as -2 (which I
believe the default values) and I got a "Segmentation fault" error.

I've been playing around with 10000 sequences lately with the default
values so I know I don't have memory problem. Anybody else
experiencing this same problem? Is this a bug in the program?

Thank you in advance,