IS NCBI a database of Normal DNA sequences?

hello:D

Apr 8, 2009, 8:39:05 PM4/8/09
to Group-4-Bioinformatics
Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm something about the NCBI database as i am
getting confused with which was mutated. In my DNA sequence on th
electropherogram it says CCT but on the NCBI sequence of the gene it
says GCT. So i dunno whether CCT is the mutated form or it is the GCT.
The gene that im delng with is the MSH2 gene id 4436. CAn anyone
please help me deal with this because a small confusion may mess up my
whole report thanks.

Andrew

Apr 15, 2009, 10:07:27 AM4/15/09
to Group-4-Bioinformatics
It sounds like you have a SNP at that base position. Why don't you
check NCBI's SNP database (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/SNP/)
and see if there is allele frequency data available. That will tell
you which is the more common form.