Highlighting exons in Genbank files

sbau...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2009, 5:42:15 AM3/24/09
to Group-4-Bioinformatics
Hello everybody,
I would like to highlight exons and UTRs in Genbank files of genomic
sequence correponding to genes of interest. I don't know how to do it,
futhermore I am not a programmer, so if any of you know a friendly
user web interface to do it, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Sylvain

Ana Kozomara

Mar 24, 2009, 5:54:37 AM3/24/09
to group4bioi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sylvain.
Have you heard of Apollo genome browser?
It is a wonderful open source tool (made in Sanger institute), and I
think you should be able to solve your problem by using it.
But, that is not a web interface and you have to install in on your computer.
Afterwords, you can load your Genebank file in it.

Hope this helps,
have a nice day,
Ana

Ana Kozomara

Mar 24, 2009, 6:03:45 AM3/24/09
to group4bioi...@googlegroups.com
And here is the link to Apollo home page with doc pages and
installation procedure:
http://apollo.berkeleybop.org/current/index.html

Ana

Mikhail Fursov

Mar 24, 2009, 6:00:33 AM3/24/09
to group4bioi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sylvain,
You can try free UGENE browser. It's optimized to work with large files.
Check this page for screen shots: http://ugene.unipro.ru/manual/adv_pan_view.html

Mikhail.
--
Mikhail Fursov