Ground Water - Flow Rate for Bore Combinations

Sonam Tshering

Jan 15, 2024, 10:19:39 PMJan 15
to Groundwater Assessment and Modelling
Dear All,

I am a student doing a groundwater optimization project using Mixed Integer Programming.

The objective is to maximize production, and I am using a constant flow rate in my model due to the nature of the pumps. The model will generate a set of bore activations at any time in line with regulatory requirements.

However, I recently found that the flow rate in the bores is a function of the different bore combinations. I am not sure what is causing this. However, I have to model this behavior to use it to find the flow rate for each combination so that I can use it in my model.

Has anyone experienced this before? Are there any studies on this subject? I would appreciate any help on this.

Best regards,
ST