ModelMuse (How to get simulated heads at different locations without observed heads)

tipusultan badagan

Jun 1, 2017, 2:36:22 AM6/1/17
to Groundwater Assessment and Modelling
Dear all,

I am a master's student carrying out my thesis work on coupling of surface water and groundwater model. I have used Modflow-NWT with GUI ModelMuse for groundwater modelling and I have run the model successfully using recharge and drain package.

1. I wanted to know how to get simulated heads at different locations or how to put an hypothetical borehole without using observed heads.

I tried using Head Observation Package in ModelMuse with some dummy observed values and I got some simulated heads which are not reflecting the true conditions.

2. The package has other inputs, which I am not able to analyze. I have attached few snaps of the HOB package and I have put question marks wherever it was difficult for me to understand.

3. I wanted to know whether the observed heads are used by HOB package to get simulated heads?

I kindly request you to help me and guide me to overcome this problem.

In advance I thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanking you,

Sincere regards,

Tipu

HOB_I.JPG