Moderators of the online discussion groups

C. P. Kumar

Aug 23, 2020, 6:51:22 AM8/23/20
to arch...@yahoogroups.com, dsshyd...@yahoogroups.co.in, fef...@yahoogroups.co.in, gms-...@yahoogroups.co.in, groundwat...@yahoogroups.co.in, gwm...@yahoogroups.com, gw...@yahoogroups.co.in, hydf...@yahoogroups.com, hydrolo...@yahoogroups.co.in, isotope-...@yahoogroups.com, rhydr...@yahoogroups.com, sea...@yahoogroups.co.in, visual-...@yahoogroups.co.in, coa...@googlegroups.com, groun...@googlegroups.com, hydr...@googlegroups.com, indian-h...@googlegroups.com, mod...@googlegroups.com, water-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Starting from 2001, I have been moderating a large number of online hydrology and water resources discussion groups on Yahoo! and Google (links are given below). Of course, few groups have been more active than others.

In view of my job retirement due in September 2020, I would like interested members of these groups to be nominated as Moderators.

Due to change in the policy of Yahoo! groups for the last few months, messages posted by members are unmoderated (i.e. posted directly without any intervention/approval by moderators). Therefore, the main responsibility of Yahoo! Groups moderators includes the following:

(1) Accept the membership requests
(2) Delete/block the members who post irrelevant messages to the group

However, messages posted to Google Groups are moderated i.e. all messages need to be approved by respective Moderators (Managers).

If any members of these groups are interested to act as moderators, then please inform me the name(s) of groups at cpk...@yahoo.com by 28 August 2020. Depending upon the willingness of members, I will authorize a few members to act as moderators of the respective groups.

Instead of the "Reply" button, please press the "Forward" button to cpk...@yahoo.com for indicating your willingness.

Thanks & Regards

C. P. Kumar
Scientist 'G'