WHY IS FLOW MODELLING OFTEN DONE IN RIVER BASIN

SANGAVI SUBRAMANIAN

Sep 14, 2020, 12:55:19 AM9/14/20
to Groundwater Assessment and Modelling
I'm a post-graduate student doing M.E., Environmental Engineering. i was referring to various literature for selecting my project area.
When I was going through the flow modelling of ground water is often performed in river basin.
Is there any particular reason for that.
Please provide me necessary guidance, Thank you.

KAPIL K

Sep 14, 2020, 7:43:33 AM9/14/20
to groun...@googlegroups.com
The basic aim of doing groundwater modeling in the river basin is to achieve the exact replica of contaminant movement in a natural atmosphere with minimal anthropogenic interference.  Since this is a hypothetical study, We can never achieve an exact replica of the natural environment for such models. As there are dependent and independent variables, for example, Atmospheric temperature (surrounding environment), River water Viscosity, and Velocity can not be achieved at the in-situ model. Hence it is advisable to conduct the experiments in the river basin for representative data.