Asking for the suggestions: Jacobian and/or Normal Matrix not yet calculated or normal matrix singular.

Diedimus Deddy Tamnge da Silva

Nov 12, 2019, 1:20:12 AM11/12/19
to Groundwater Assessment and Modelling
Dear all.
I am doing the simulation for groundwater flow and solute transport by using GMS (MODFLOW and MT3DMS). My MODFLOW consists of LST, HED, CCF, LMT, DIS, BAS, LPF, OC, HFB, WEL, CHD and PCG. MT3DMS consists of M3D, BTN, ADV, DSP, SSM, GCG and FTL. Then calibrate it by using Parameter Estimation (PEST).
The result from PEST stated that:
Covariance and other statistical matrices cannot be determined:-
Jacobian and/or Normal Matrix not yet calculated or normal matrix singular.
I would like to ask, what parameter or other things in GMS that can affect my model to have this problem.
Thank you.