armv5 and Groovyserv?

Ryan Vanderwerf

Mar 14, 2014, 12:22:59 AM3/14/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone built Groovyserv binaries for ARM5 via cross compile? I'm messing around with a ARMv5 and it's very slow to start Groovy, but something like Groovyserv may work nicely if Groovy only needs to load once.

Ryan

Yasuharu Nakano

Mar 14, 2014, 12:44:34 AM3/14/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Is the OS Linux? If so, I think you can easily build a GroovyServ binary by yourself.
If you're using GVM, try to install GroovyServ by GVM and run a command "groovyserv-setup-nativeclient".

Regards,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Ryan Vanderwerf <rvand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone built Groovyserv binaries for ARM5 via cross compile? I'm messing around with a ARMv5 and it's very slow to start Groovy, but something like Groovyserv may work nicely if Groovy only needs to load once.

Ryan

Yasuharu Nakano

Ryan Vanderwerf

Mar 14, 2014, 1:18:22 AM3/14/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com

It's linux, but super stripped down version running arm v5 jvm on Lego mind storms ev3 (lejos)

Ryan

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GroovyServ" group.

Yasuharu Nakano

Mar 14, 2014, 4:21:55 AM3/14/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
Oh, you can't build there... Sorry, I don't have a binary for the architecture.

Does anyone have? > ALL

Ryan Vanderwerf

Mar 14, 2014, 9:52:02 AM3/14/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com

No worries I'll mess around with the cross compiler when I figure it out maybe I can sent a PR.

Ryan

Ryan Vanderwerf

Mar 20, 2014, 9:24:37 AM3/20/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
I got a binary compiled for the arm v5 for groovyclient, however there is only a JRE and not a JDK (no javac) for that architecture. When I try to fire up groovserver I get an error looking for javac and it quits (Groovy 2.2.2). The Groovy folks say I should be ok to use on a JRE as long as I don't do joint compilation. Is there something specific Groovyserv is using that requires javac?

I also run into a few other minor issues:
no bash only sh (I think converted the startup script ok)
'ps' only supports the 'w' command on the lego arm linux - I think angers busybox but I'm not sure yet
'nestat' doesn't support some of the parameters being called as well, have to look at that as well.

Cheers,

Ryan

Yasuharu Nakano

Mar 23, 2014, 7:40:43 AM3/23/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
What you want might be this: http://techdm.com/grails/?p=323&lang=en

Ryan Vanderwerf

Mar 23, 2014, 10:20:55 AM3/23/14
to groov...@googlegroups.com
I'll give it a shot, figured since that post was so old it may not be relevant. I actually got groovyserv v0.13 working but it kept saying my auth token was null. It may be that I was using 0.14-SNAPSHOT client with 0.13 server. .014 uses the native libjnidispatch.so which seems to suck up more RAM that the unit has (it has 64gb total, 32 avail if I kill of the lejos java daemon) or maybe some other hidden linker error once I got an ARMv5 version of libjnidispatch.so installed with the error 'ERROR: unexpected error: Can't obtain static newInstance method for class com.sun.jna.Structure'. At this point I -think- I can get 0.13 working if I build a special version and disable authentication for this purpose.

Ryan