Proposed presentation re groovy/grails and messaging

john robens

May 14, 2010, 5:04:49 AM5/14/10
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We have just finished building a messaging based application. Would like to come and share our learning.

Application structure is:

- Oracle back-end
- Messaging server - spring container
- Grails front-end application.

Integration is via Apache Camel.

Proposed discussion points:

- Domain defined in the messaging server using pure JPA annotations. Sharing this domain with grails is a powerful pattern in a messaging context. I have a couple of bitches (attributes I would like to do better) of course.
- Apache Camel DSL. We integrated our grails emissions calculator with Drupal and Twitter using the camel DSL. Why did we use the java dsl in grails for the messaging application? We are researching the Scala DSL...
- Grails services integrate nicely with the camel routes. Demonstration.
- First shock - publish-subscribe with activemq blows the bandwidth budget. This point is outside of groovy/grails and using this pattern the way we did is probably outside being sensible. Therefore touch briefly.
- Second shock - 15k records in our first load when we were told there were 2k. Hibernate memory, transactions and how it can all blow up. Demonstration of how it is now constructed.
- The current state of the apache camel plugin

It seems as though we learnt a lot of things. I would be interested in any feedback and other uses for the technology that people could provide.

I am interested in other people's experience with applying the contents of the EIP book.

Thanks
John

--
http://interlated.com.au
0434 996 607

Andrew Walker

May 17, 2010, 4:56:35 AM5/17/10
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
John, if you are setting something up, please let me know, I would live to come along.

Gary Mann

May 17, 2010, 6:03:32 AM5/17/10
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
I would also be interested in attending a presentation about this, it sounds an interesting project.