February Meeting

1 view

Nick

Feb 22, 2009, 11:00:47 PM2/22/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi All,

The February meeting will be held this Wednesday (25/2/2009). We'll
be looking at solutions to Gianny's code challenge. We have another
USB lava lamp up for grabs for the best solution.

If anyone has a presentation prepared then please let me know. We
currently don't have any speakers scheduled for this month. An
overview of Groovy 1.6 or Griffon would be nice.

If you will be attending this week's meeting then please post in this
thread so that I can organise food.

Cheers,
Nick.

Chris Broadfoot

Feb 22, 2009, 11:05:42 PM2/22/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there. I'll try to get some presentation organised -- I'm
still trying to figure out a nice way to inject the validating
behaviour into the test object for the code challenge!

Nick

Feb 23, 2009, 5:24:17 AM2/23/09
to Groovy Sydney
What would people think if we canceled February's meeting and push it
back to March? I left it a bit late to organise this month's one, so
apologies on my behalf. I've been extremely busy this month and
Gianny won't be able to make it either.

Chris, will this give you enough time to organise a presentation on
Groovy 1.6 for March? I'll have a crack at Griffon for creating a
Swing application.

Cheers,
Nick.

Chris Broadfoot

Feb 23, 2009, 10:02:18 AM2/23/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy with that, now I can see Van She tomorrow!

James Williams

Feb 24, 2009, 9:38:34 PM2/24/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi,

I'm one of the creators of Griffon and came upon this post in one of
my automated search feeds for Griffon. Though I won't be able to get
my employer to ok an expense report for a trip to SYD from California
just for a GUG mtg :-(, I thought we might setup a virtual
presentation via Ustream/Mogulus/WebEx, etc.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
James
http://jameswilliams.be/blog

Nick

Feb 25, 2009, 5:26:57 AM2/25/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi James,

That would be an awesome idea if we could organise a screencast for
the next meeting! What time would it be in California if it is 7pm
here in Sydney? I think we could do the video conference over Ustream
or Mogulus. I haven't used either, but they looked the goods. Please
let me know if you will be able to do a presentation on Wednesday 25
March, or any Wednesday in March if that date doesn't suit you.

Cheers,
Nick.

James Williams

Feb 25, 2009, 6:00:05 AM2/25/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
7P Sydney time is about 12A the night before in California. Rest assured, I'll be up. I'm a nightowl. Weds 25 March is fine.

James