Groovy/Grails Devs needed in Sydney

snaglepus

Jan 10, 2011, 2:52:47 AM1/10/11
to Groovy Sydney
Hi guys,

We are looking for Groovy/Grails developers (or Java Devs that want to
get into Grails work) in Sydney to join the team at Posse.com. Looking
for Junior and Senior Devs, Front end experts and back end as well.
Get in touch with me if you are interested either here or at
r...@posse.com.

Gary Mann

Jan 11, 2011, 7:09:38 AM1/11/11
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
Rob

I would be interested in applying for one of these positions.

I did apply to the vacancy you advertised last year, and attended an
interview with you on May 24. I was unsuccessful in that application
because I did not have enough experience. Some of the current vacancies
appear more junior, so I may be suitable at this level.

In case you have forgotten my original application, I am originally from
Britain but moved to Australia in March 2009. I have Permanent Residency in
Australia. I have five years' experience in Java development, mostly in the
J2EE space. During 2009 I worked as a Groovy and Grails developer
(contractor) for Makebook.com. I had studied Groovy previously, but this
was my first live experience working with Groovy and Grails. I was struck
by how powerful and easy to use this framework is, and thoroughly enjoyed
working with it. Unfortunately, Makebook.com ran into financial troubles
and ceased to trade in October 2009, so my contract was terminated.

I am currently working as a J2EE contractor in the NSW Department of
Education and Training's IT Directorate. My contract runs until June 2011
and I was not considering other roles until I saw this email. I am
basically supporting a legacy system written in J2EE. Much of the code
predates Java 5 and Struts, and uses scriptlets. The work is far less
interesting than Groovy and Grails development, hence my interest in working
for you now.

I attach a current version of my resume for your consideration.

Regards, Gary Mann

> --

Gary Mann_CV_201101.doc

rahul singh

Jan 14, 2011, 5:43:55 PM1/14/11
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

You might also want to contact Sean McCartan from Charterhouse Partnership recruitment firm.
He was looking for a groovy/Java developer for UBS.

Sean's contact details are:

D: 02 9641 2410
T: 02 9641 2400
M: 0407 932 548
E: se...@charterhouse.jobs
Regards

Rahul

snaglepus

Jan 15, 2011, 1:05:36 AM1/15/11
to Groovy Sydney
Thanks Rahul - I will certainly do that!

Regards
Rob