March Meeting

1 view

Nick

Mar 12, 2009, 8:20:59 PM3/12/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi All,

Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday 25th March. Hopefully
we'll have Chris Broadfoot giving us a rundown on Groovy 1.6
features. We'll also have James Williams giving a presentation on his
Groovy project called Griffin. Griffin is a Grails like framework for
developing desktop applications.

James' presentation will be broadcasted from the US, so we'll kick off
the meeting promptly at 6:30pm.

Please post in the forums if you will be attending so that I can
organise food.

Cheers,
Nick.

Nick

Mar 12, 2009, 10:49:10 PM3/12/09
to Groovy Sydney
The Groovy meeting will be held at the usual venue: ThoughtWorks
office, Level 8, 51 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia.

Food should arrive at around 6:15pm.

Ronaldo Junior

Mar 15, 2009, 6:46:36 AM3/15/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am new in these group and I will be attending this meeting.

Cheers
Ronaldo
--
Ronaldo da Silva Gomes Junior

Paul

Mar 16, 2009, 10:41:29 PM3/16/09
to Groovy Sydney
I'd like to attend

rahul singh

Mar 19, 2009, 7:17:24 AM3/19/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
+1

Ben Aveling

Mar 19, 2009, 7:30:47 AM3/19/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Nick wrote:

> Please post in the forums if you will be attending so that I can
> organise food.

+1

Regards, Ben

Maxim Kuchin

Mar 19, 2009, 7:35:40 AM3/19/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
+1

Will be first time on groovy user group meeting.

Chris Broadfoot

Mar 19, 2009, 6:14:20 PM3/19/09
to groovy...@googlegroups.com
I'm so sorry guys,

I finish uni at 8 and need to jet off to hockey training which
finishes at 10:30 (every Wednesday). I'll be unable to give my
presentation on Groovy 1.6 but I might write up some sample code that
shows off some of the new features.

Cheers
Chris

Nick

Mar 23, 2009, 4:02:41 AM3/23/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi All,

Since Chris won't be able to present this Wednesday, I would like to
open up a session of lightning talks. Lightning talks should only go
for about 5 to 10 minutes, and are more about raising awareness of
Groovy/Grails features. So not a lot of preparation is required. I
will give a lightning talk on OpenID in Grails. I hope that others
will be able to contribute something too... cos there ain't no such
thing as free food and beer. :P

Cheers,
Nick.

gianny...@ensta.org

Mar 23, 2009, 8:36:14 AM3/23/09
to Groovy Sydney
Hi,

If people are interested, I can talk a little bit about the upcoming
FreeMind 0.9.0 release and its very neat Groovy scripting integration.

In a few words, FreeMind

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

is a mind-mapping tool and Groovy scripts can be integrated to
programmatically manipulate mind-maps.

I developed a script to browse transitive Maven dependencies. This may
not be useful for those people who are not using Maven; thought, this
may generate more interesting ideas.

Cheers,
Gianny

Nick

Mar 23, 2009, 8:17:05 PM3/23/09
to Groovy Sydney
Has anybody used CloudTools (http://code.google.com/p/cloudtools/)
before? CloudTools is a groovy tool set for deploying Java
applications to Amazon's cloud services. There are also Grails
plugins for CloudTools.

logalvatron

Mar 24, 2009, 9:43:20 PM3/24/09
to Groovy Sydney