Presentation re groovy/grails and messaging

jrobensster

Oct 10, 2010, 9:27:41 PM10/10/10
to Groovy Sydney
Hi

I found a place to do this thanks to Absolute Testing Services.

Wed the 20th October. Please let us know if you are coming via Event
Brite. We will put on some beers and space is limited.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/935892279?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_eventv2&utm_term=eventurl_text

More details:

Having just completed a Messaging Oriented Middleware solution and
used it to deliver a couple of Grails based web applications we would
like to share this information with the Groovy Sydney group.
The presentation will be held by John Robens (Interlated Pty Ltd) and
Dr Gregory Baran. We were enterprise architects on the project
although also developed the working applications.
Technologies covered include:
- Apache Camel
- Lightweight middleware containers using spring.
- Java Messaging
- Grails web application framework
The presentation will be a technical presentation showing how we:
- were able to cleanly abstract enterprise systems using messaging
systems allowing for incremental delivery and domain specific
applications.
- able to design for system attributes such as 'offline' and 'being
independent of the performance of the enterprise system'.
A number of solution patterns will be discussed:
- How we integrated the domain model used in the messaging layer with
Grails.
- Messaging patterns that we tried.
More background is discussed here:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/groovy-sydney/browse_thread/thread/7e7eb02f1d0ca623

Where
Absolute Testing Services
432 Kent St
2000

When
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM (GMT+1000)

Thanks
John