Grive only syncs files I own

ivan

Aug 2, 2012, 6:27:05 AM8/2/12
to grive...@googlegroups.com
At work we use Google Drive as a shared drive across four users.  I'm the only Linux user and so I'm using Grive where everyone else is on the Windows client.  Grive works well for me but I've just realised that it is only syncing files that I own.  If someone else who is sharing the folder drops a file in then Grive doesn't sync it.

Is there a way around this?  It's a fatal problem for me unfortunately.

bjarn...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 2:30:10 AM11/27/12
to grive...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:27:05 PM UTC+2, ivan wrote:
> At work we use Google Drive as a shared drive across four users.  I'm the only Linux user and so I'm using Grive where everyone else is on the Windows client.  Grive works well for me but I've just realised that it is only syncing files that I own.  If someone else who is sharing the folder drops a file in then Grive doesn't sync it.
>

> Is there a way around this?  It's a fatal problem for me unfortunately.

I see the same problem. That shared content is not synchronized.

In the log i get this.
folder "x" has multiple parents, ignored
file "x" parent doesn't exist, ignored
file "x mockups.pptx" parent doesn't exist, ignored
file "x user stories.pptx" parent doesn't exist, ignored

When content is Shared.

lmin...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2013, 9:01:57 AM7/12/13
to grive...@googlegroups.com
Still no solution or feedback?

I just found out about grive, installed it from github but I encountered the same issue... considering I only use GDrive to access files others share with me (no file of my own) it's pretty much useless for me if this limitation is confirmed...

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Henrique Cesar Ulbrich estomagado

Oct 22, 2013, 6:49:22 PM10/22/13
to grive...@googlegroups.com
The Grive project seems dead, but it's time to revive it. Anyone?

andreas...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2014, 8:15:03 AM10/2/14
to grive...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have the same problem. Files in gdrives shared with me aren't sync'ed with the message:

[...]
file "script.pl" parent doesn't exist, ignored
[...]

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas