grit is now part of Chromium's repository and no longer pulled through DEPS

Nico Weber

Nov 12, 2015, 8:14:48 PM11/12/15
to grit-developer, grit-...@googlegroups.com, Chromium-dev
Hi,

grit is now checked in to Chromium's repository. If you want to change grit, you now need a Chromium checkout to do so – on the flip side, no DEPS rolls need to happen after a grit change any more. Since all grit developers are Chromium developers in practice, this seemed like a good change. (The tracking bug was http://crbug.com/553682)

If you are using grit and don't want to check out all of Chromium, https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/tools/grit/ is a read-only mirror of the grit code in Chromium's repository. So you could pull from there.

Nico

Nico Weber

Nov 12, 2015, 11:35:35 PM11/12/15
to Pavel Sergeev, grit-developer, grit-...@googlegroups.com, Chromium-dev
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Pavel Sergeev <dzh...@chromium.org> wrote:
Where grit issues should be reported to: Chromium tracker or https://code.google.com/p/grit-i18n/issues?

The grit-i18n one is on codesite which is going away soon, so I'd say on the Chromium tracker.

Nico Weber

Nov 12, 2015, 11:41:59 PM11/12/15
to Jason Robbins, Pasha Sergeev, Julie Parent, grit-developer, grit-...@googlegroups.com, Chromium-dev
Since the code is now in the Chromium repo, having a separate bug tracker for that subdirectory seems a bit weird.

(And realistically, if someone wants to have some bug in grit fixed, they'll likely have to fix it themselves anyways.)

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Jason Robbins <jrob...@google.com> wrote:
We could migrate your grit-i18n issues to bugs.chromium.org (monorail) if you like.

Thanks,
jason!

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Pavel Sergeev <dzh...@chromium.org> wrote:
Where grit issues should be reported to: Chromium tracker or https://code.google.com/p/grit-i18n/issues?

Nico Weber

Nov 22, 2015, 12:06:14 AM11/22/15
to WC Leung, Chromium-dev, grit-developer, grit-...@googlegroups.com
These two files were deleted here:

How are you trying to commit? How did you check out grit? Do you have a normal Chromium checkout?

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM, WC Leung <lwc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

    Today I want to commit my changes, and I've seen the following:
Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

        new file:   tools/grit/LICENSE
        new file:   tools/grit/codereview.settings
    Is it okay to delete that two files?

Regards,
WC Leung.