Issue 33 in grit-i18n: Resource maps silently drop duplicated key field values

grit...@googlecode.com

Aug 27, 2015, 5:51:00 PM8/27/15
to grit-de...@googlegroups.com
Owner: fla...@chromium.org
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 33 by fla...@chromium.org: Resource maps silently drop duplicated
key field values
https://code.google.com/p/grit-i18n/issues/detail?id=33

In resource_map.py the _FormatSource function builds a map from either path
or name to resource id. If it encounters duplicate values it silently skips
the duplicates. For name, duplicate values likely represent an error and
should be reported. For path, duplicate values mean we are packing the same
resource more than once (See
https://code.google.com/p/grit-i18n/issues/detail?id=27). This is not
necessarily an error but I feel that if we want to explicitly support this
we should include both resource ids in the "map" which would be more of a
multi-map at that point.

issue notifications to this address.