Somehow, after trying to sync this morning, 'origin/master' on my main chromium checkout is now tracking grit-i18n.googlecode.com
instead of the chromium mainline (my local branches are intact). Mentioning it here in case someone else hits it; seems not worth debugging unless widespread.
Steps that may have triggered this:
- my initial 'git pull' (which would have pulled in new grit) failed the merge step because of a locked file in tools/grit.
- after resetting, I did a 'gclient sync -f -D' on top of the old branch (with the old style grit).
- 'git pull' failed again (with the locked file), so I moved tools/grit aside (to the parent of my src/ dir).