Rspec style

aca...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 3:50:58 PM9/26/15
to grinnellplan...@googlegroups.com
Anybody have strong preferences about rspec style? I'm using minitest at work, so I don't. I started writing some tests for secrets yesterday and looked at other tests for examples and the styles were quite a bit different from one file to another. I'm happy to follow whatever style we agree on but I'd like someone to suggest one.

Sent from my iPhone

Ian Young

Sep 26, 2015, 6:50:38 PM9/26/15
to grinnellplan...@googlegroups.com
In general I would say we should aim for the style used in the RSpec docs, like here and here. So `describe`/`it`, and `expect(...).to`. Is that specific enough? I'm gonna care more that the tests are present, robust, and readable than about the exact coding style.

That said, I think most of the test syntax got updated when I moved to RSpec v3, but if there are any tests still using the deprecated `should` syntax, we should upgrade those.