07/02/24 Grif.Net - Homophone Quiz for Kids of All Ages

b...@grif.net

Jul 2, 2024, 10:27:19 AMJul 2
to gri...@googlegroups.com

[Everyone knows homophones are words that SOUND alike but are spelled differently and with different meanings. Homonyms have the same SOUND and SPELLING but with different meanings. Today’s quiz will ask simple questions but will require two homophones for the correct answers, making it a little trickier.  I smell a fun quiz with this theme, and you all know my “nose knows”.]

1. What did the dog say to the insect that bit him?

2. What would we do if we had bad plants spoiling our lawn?

3. If four couples enjoyed a meal at a restaurant, how many people dined?

4. What do you call a huge pile of hidden money?

5. What do you call a poorly mowed site for golf?

.

6. What do you call a discounted boat ride?

7. What are groups of sailors on an ocean pleasure trip?

8. Why did the cowboy give cough medicine to his steed?

9. What do you call an underaged coal digger?

10.What is a group of musicians not allowed to play a venue called?

11. If they are not here, where are they?

12. What do you say to a soldier in shining armor when he goes to bed?

13. What do you call a bucket that just saw a ghost?

14. What do you call bunny fur?

15. What do you call a Middle Eastern market selling products made in Japan?

16. What do you call a quick look at a mountaintop?

17. What do you call a test tube full of gross liquid?

18. What is a great accomplishment using the ends of your legs?

19. What is a reddish-purple vegetable that is completely worn out?

20. If the demons are completely sinful, what are angels?

~~

Dr Bob Griffin

b...@grif.net www.grif.net

"Jesus Knows Me, This I Love!"