demo

evolutie

Sep 7, 2010, 5:37:01 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
dear greythumbers,

Next time we meet I would like to give a demo of the Massive Prime software.
This software was originally written to do the mass scenes for Lord of the Rings, and has since then be used for numerous blockbusters (the jungle for avatar, pixar movies), games, and more...
Besides animation and movies it has even been used to drive a 'real' physical robot!

Would love to tell you more, but it's too long to type ;-)
chrz,
Evo

Gerald de Jong

Sep 7, 2010, 7:00:04 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, Evo!

Maybe crazy but do you want to get together this friday night? We
could see your demo, and more....

I've got the Tetragotchi game basically ready for release, and I would
love to have a bunch of you over with laptops so that we can all give
it a try for a couple of hours. I will be releasing it early next
week online for the first time, and it would be great to get some
feedback first from greythumb-nl.

Late next week I will be presenting Tetragotchi at a conference in
Budapest, so I want it to be out online by then.
http://www.szkeptikus.hu/14th-european-skeptic-congress/lecturers

Anybody game for a beer-and-pizza evening this friday, bring your own
laptop? A group of 6 or 8 would do just fine, around the big table at
Beautiful Code World Headquarters.
http://tinyurl.com/maastorenflat-studio-acht

-Gerald

> --

Gerald de Jong
Beautiful Code BV
http://www.twitter.com/fluxe
http://www.beautifulcode.eu
skype: beautifulcode
ph: +31629339805

Sam Brodkin

Sep 7, 2010, 7:09:41 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, but no one can come Friday since it's the night of the
Dutch Google Technology Group GWT Summit.

Artem Baguinski

Sep 7, 2010, 7:21:32 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
I'm not at google summit, but can't come either (and I'd love to play with new tetragotchi and see evo's demo).

Artm Baguinski,
Software Engineer,
V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media, http://www.v2.nl/

tel: +31.6.29394010
skype: femistofel
web: http://claimid.com/artm/

Gerald de Jong

Sep 7, 2010, 7:11:49 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Ooh "summit" even! Too bad. Anybody for early next week, like monday night?

Gerald de Jong

Sep 7, 2010, 8:13:12 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Sam, how about you monday night? Anyone else?

Sam Brodkin

Sep 7, 2010, 8:37:46 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Yes Monday night. I'm in.

new PizzaOrder().add("pepperoni");

Gerald de Jong

Sep 7, 2010, 8:41:21 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Great, that's Evo, Artm, Sam and me. Any more takers?

Govert Buijs

Sep 7, 2010, 9:00:03 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Count me in!

Gerald de Jong

Sep 7, 2010, 9:01:42 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Evo, Artm, Sam, Govert, and me, all with laptops! Anybody else want
to be there to create your first Tetragotchi and evolve it?

Kees de Kooter

Sep 7, 2010, 9:43:20 AM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
@HomefrontApprovalPending
new PizzaOrder().add("quattro-formaggi");

Rudolf Nico Penninkhof

Sep 7, 2010, 3:04:58 PM9/7/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com

Monday works for me too! Friday didn't so that's all good.. Thanks!

- Rudolf.

Gerald de Jong

Sep 8, 2010, 9:04:17 AM9/8/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
Rudolf, Evo, Artm, Sam, Govert, Kees. The first six Tetragotchi
players ever, monday night!

evolutie

Sep 8, 2010, 11:22:39 AM9/8/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc
what time??
also my collegue here at CrossLab may join :-)

Gerald de Jong

Sep 8, 2010, 11:35:11 AM9/8/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc
We could receive people from 18:00 and order pizza at 19:00. You talk
first, then after we play evolution.

Anne van Rossum

Sep 9, 2010, 4:42:16 AM9/9/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc

I'm in!

Gerald de Jong

Sep 9, 2010, 5:14:13 AM9/9/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc
Holy moly. Anne, Rudolf, Evo, Evo's colleague, Artm, Sam, Govert,
Kees, Duco, and me. This is going to be fun!

Vitali Kiruta

Sep 11, 2010, 12:10:24 PM9/11/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc
I'm in. If there is still room in your headquarters.

Gerald de Jong

Sep 11, 2010, 12:14:15 PM9/11/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com, contre choc
No problem! This is a great turnout, folks! Maybe 10 people.