vector

1 view

Rudolf Nico Penninkhof

Oct 17, 2010, 10:24:23 AM10/17/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gerald,

Again I seem to have a goal selection bug.. My target was set to the nearest opponent, but when I change it to avoid sea on the way, it didn't change.. The greg arrow, when set bocomes red, like intended but when reloading the world after an evolution episode the red arrow points to the opponent again, so the direction my Gotchi travelled didn't change The grey arrow points to the new target, but doesn't move the red one, unless I click it again, but that doesn't actually change the goal on the server. So.. Unable to avoid swimming trough the sea I swam trough it and now I find my gotchi on the edge, unable to climb out of the water. In simulation with a different direction it can get some limbs on land land crawl out of the sea, but I can't do that because the goal selection doesn't work..

Has anyone else got this problem?

Thanks! Rudolf.

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Gerald de Jong <gerald...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Folks!

I've put out a new version of Tetragotchi where they die when their
energy goes below zero, and since that wasn't a rule before there are
quite a few people with starving tetragotchis.  Don't panic but you
may soon receive an email about the death of your gotchi.

--
Gerald de Jong
Beautiful Code BV

Gerald de Jong

Oct 21, 2010, 3:23:58 AM10/21/10
to greyth...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to have to make the selection of prey also much more
explicit. Next chance I get to do some more programming. Thanks for
the feedback.