Pickling Error 599

akash gupta

Jul 23, 2021, 3:18:56 PM7/23/21
to Gremlin-users
Hi All,

I keep getting the below error for few of my task (not always). I am unable to understand what causes this issue. Is it because of celery or too many task.

 <MaybeEncodingError: Error sending result: '"(1, <ExceptionInfo: GremlinServerError('599: None')>, None)"'. Reason: ''PicklingError("Can\'t pickle <class \'gremlin_python.driver.protocol.GremlinServerError\'>: it\'s not the same object as gremlin_python.driver.protocol.GremlinServerError")''.>

billiard.pool.MaybeEncodingError: Error sending result: '"(1, <ExceptionInfo: GremlinServerError('599: None')>, None)"'. Reason: ''PicklingError("Can\'t pickle <class \'gremlin_python.driver.protocol.GremlinServerError\'>: it\'s not the same object as gremlin_python.driver.protocol.GremlinServerError")''.

The code where this error starts is:
vertices = self.g_reader.V(_vertex).repeat(__.out()).times(level).dedup().toList()

Please let me know what am I doing wrong here and what this error means.

Regards.

Stephen Mallette

Jul 23, 2021, 3:54:28 PM7/23/21
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
that's a curious error. i've never seen that before. i dont think we even have Pickle in our dependencies.

HadoopMarc

Jul 25, 2021, 3:53:58 AM7/25/21
to Gremlin-users
It seems to be a bug specific to the celery package that you use:
Somehow it cannot handle use-defined exceptions with a parameter passed to the constructor, like GremlinServerError.