Help with GremlinNetSample

Gary Klaus

May 26, 2022, 6:13:29 AM5/26/22
to Gremlin-users
Hi folks,
I want to use the Azure Cosmos DB Gremlin sample code with the latest version of Gremlin.Net.  I upgraded Gremlin.Net to 3.6.0 and changed the constructor call to look like this.

new GremlinClient( gremlinServer,
                new GraphSON2MessageSerializer(),
                connectionPoolSettings,
                webSocketConfiguration)

But when I run it and it gets to this line
     string output = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(result);
it throws this exception.
     "JSON type not supported. (Parameter 'ValueKind')\r\nActual value was Number."

Does anyone know how I should be deserializing the result of that request?

Florian Hockmann

May 30, 2022, 4:10:43 AM5/30/22
to Gremlin-users
Cosmos DB unfortunately does not support TinkerPop versions 3.5.0 or higher: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/graph/gremlin-support#compatible-client-libraries

So, you need to stay on Gremlin.NET 3.4.13 until they support at least TinkerPop 3.5.0.