Does .close() need to be called after every gremlin query?

Daniel Craig

Jul 26, 2022, 3:55:22 PM7/26/22
to Gremlin-users
Hi all, in our apps we have a long-lived graph traversal source that never gets .close() called on it - this has never caused an issue before, but after an upgrade we are seeing error messages like the following: ""Remote connection to [/10.161.113.6:35548] failed with javax.net .ssl.SSLException: Cannot kickstart, the connection is broken or closed""  Is this likely to be resolved by calling .close() after each traversal?

Kelvin Lawrence

Jul 27, 2022, 11:24:59 AM7/27/22
to Gremlin-users
Hi Daniel,

You should not need to call close after each traversal. In general the recommended approach is to re-use the existing connection as much as possible and not close it. Which client version are you using? Is that backend a Gremlin Server in this case?

Cheers,
Kelvin

Daniel Craig

Jul 27, 2022, 5:21:38 PM7/27/22
to Gremlin-users
I am encountering this error and I'm having a bit of trouble narrowing down how it occurs, so I appreciate your response.  We are using client version 3.4.11 and the backend is a Neptune db.