Why a query without a dot g.V(1)out() is valid?

Максим Троицкий

Jan 12, 2017, 4:48:00 PM1/12/17
to Gremlin-users
All examples in tutorials use queries with dots. For example g.V(1).out(). But if they are omitted after brackets queries still work.
In what documentation or code I can find information why it is valid?

Daniel Kuppitz

Jan 12, 2017, 4:55:04 PM1/12/17
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
That's a Groovy feature. I only found a section that discusses paranthesis (which are also optional): http://www.groovy-lang.org/style-guide.html#_omitting_parentheses
....but nothing specific about the dots.

Cheers,
Daniel

All examples in tutorials use queries with dots. For example g.V(1).out(). But if they are omitted after brackets queries still work.
In what documentation or code I can find information why it is valid?

Максим Троицкий

Jan 13, 2017, 5:03:44 AM1/13/17
to Gremlin-users
Thank you for your prompt reply!