Neptune query timeouts

Max Murmann

Feb 2, 2021, 10:15:39 AM2/2/21
to Gremlin-users
Hey,

I know this isn't quite what this group is for but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does anyone have any experience with Neptune queries causing some to timeout? I've got a couple lambdas that all spin up at the same time and do some similar queries on a Neptune database, and some of them will execute fine and not have an issue, and some will hang on the first query to the database and cause the lambda to timeout.

Is there an issue with Neptune and concurrent queries? They're fairly heavy queries and the CPU does momentarily hit 100% but the queries should theoretically only take a couple seconds each, and they're timing out 15 min lambdas when running 2-3 concurrently.

Thanks

Max

David Bechberger

Feb 2, 2021, 12:34:17 PM2/2/21
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hello Max,

Neptune does not have issues with concurrent queries but as with all databases, there is a maximum number of queries that can simultaneously processed.  This number is dependent on your instance size however all of them can handle many more than 2-3 concurrent queries.  The fact that 2-3 queries are hitting 100% CPU is also

I am a little confused though as you say that the queries are heavy but only take a few seconds each?  Can you provide a bit more detail as far as what the query is doing, possibly a sample.

Thanks,
Dave