Gremlin to cypher transpiler

selva

Aug 4, 2021, 10:05:21 PM8/4/21
to Gremlin-users

our system is currently aligned with apache tinkerpop gaph database
Due to critical business reason wanted to migrate it to Neo4j

we have used gremlin for graph traversal and approximately 10000 gremlin traversal queries(read intensive system) and impossible to translate each and every query to cypher .
It will lead to a very big change in the system , testing etc .

Hence we are looking for a gremlin to cypher converter library

Could you please provide insights .

Thanks,
Selvaraj C

HadoopMarc

Aug 5, 2021, 2:05:50 AM8/5/21
to Gremlin-users
Hi,

Can you first check https://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/reference/#neo4j-gremlin and see whether it meets your requirements?

Best wishes,    Marc

selva

Aug 5, 2021, 11:16:03 AM8/5/21
to Gremlin-users
thanks Marc.
have checked it and doesnt work .
do we have any reference for building abstract syntax tree for gremlin query?

Stephen Mallette

Aug 6, 2021, 6:30:17 AM8/6/21
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
As of 3.5.0 there is an ANTLR grammar for Gremlin - perhaps that can be of some use:

It is still under development though - you may find patches where bits of Gremlin don't get fully processed by it. That said, it's tested against all the reference documentation and our gherkin test suite so it does have pretty good compatibility at this point.