Welcome Florian Hockmann as PMC Chair

Stephen Mallette

Jan 20, 2022, 7:41:31 AM1/20/22
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Florian Hockmann has been a contributor to TinkerPop for many years now,  starting with his efforts to break Gremlin into the .NET ecosystem. In addition to maintaining Gremlin.Net over the years and contributing to other areas in the wider graph community, he has been a great help in involving himself with the administrative sorts of issues that running TinkerPop requires. With all that in mind, we're happy to announce that Florian has taken the role of PMC Chair.

On a personal note, I'm quite content to move on from this role as I've held it since TinkerPop's exit from incubation. That's a long time! :) It really wasn't a role that I sought, but it came to me and I've tried to do my best with it. I'm sure Florian will do the same in his time as chair.

Thanks,

Stephen

Florian Hockmann

Jan 21, 2022, 10:15:10 AM1/21/22
to Gremlin-users

Thanks for the warm welcome, Stephen! But I especially want to thank you for being PMC Chair for such a long time in addition to everything else you contribute to TinkerPop in general. You really are the backbone of TinkerPop as Marko put it years ago.

I hope that I can take on this role in a way that users, contributors, and providers basically won’t even notice this change.

Daniel Craig

Jan 21, 2022, 10:50:45 AM1/21/22
to gremli...@googlegroups.com

Thanks in advance Florian for all the effort on behalf of the project!  And thank you Stephen.

From: gremli...@googlegroups.com <gremli...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Florian Hockmann <f...@florian-hockmann.de>
Date: Friday, January 21, 2022 at 9:15 AM
To: Gremlin-users <gremli...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: EXTERNAL - [TinkerPop] Re: Welcome Florian Hockmann as PMC Chair

Caution: Sender is from outside SWA. Take caution before opening links/attachments or replying with sensitive data. If suspicious, forward to 'suspi...@wnco.com'.

******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.