Janugraph in OLTP mode

Chandramouli Mallampalli

Aug 18, 2021, 2:41:12 PM8/18/21
to Gremlin-users
Hello,

We are trying to use JanusGraph in OLTP mode, with following requirements

1. Be able to support concurrent writes
2. Need a scalable reader gremlin servers

we have explored possibility of using gremlin to create vertices and edges but we are unable to commit transactions via http, so we have settled with writing custom code to use janus to commit transactions

However post writes existing running gremlin servers are still not reflecting latest data unless we stop and start graph again, am I missing anything here?

Stephen Mallette

Aug 19, 2021, 7:53:26 AM8/19/21
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
I would expect that once you commit your transaction that all other processes should be able to see that change. You shouldn't have to restart servers to see those changes. How are you connecting to the Gremlin Server instances that are not showing the updates?

Florian Hockmann

Aug 24, 2021, 4:44:56 AM8/24/21
to Gremlin-users
I think this could be caused by caching. Do you have caching enabled in JanusGraph? This section of the JanusGraph docs explain how it uses different forms of caching.
I would try it again with caching completely disabled to see whether that resolves your problem and then decide whether you want to enable caching again for performance and if so then how you want to configure it to minimize the likelihood of not seeing updates from a different JanusGraph instance (see especially the cache expiration time).