Gremlin Python and AIOHttp

Assaf Schwartz

Dec 22, 2021, 7:18:34 AM12/22/21
to Gremlin-users
Hi All,

We are using Tinkerpop 3.5.0 with a Python gRPC server to abstract away gremlin and graph traversals.

In hopes to finally migrate to an async gRPC server, I'm exploring the usage of the AIOHTTP transport with Tinkerpop 3.5.0.
Sadly, for some reason, there are some cases that for some long running traversals it seems like the the connection is blocked.

Maybe it's the configuration of the DriverRemoteConnection.
Can some please share a best practice configuration with regard to pool_size, max_workers and the usage of a session?

I'm also curious as to how the ThreadPoolExecutor behaves with async code.
That code seems to predates AIOHTTP as a transport.

Many thanks in advance,
Assaf