Support ARM64 version of gremlin console docker containers

Zhen Lian

Dec 7, 2023, 2:10:10 PM12/7/23
to Gremlin-users
Hi team!

Could I get the developer team to upload the arm64 version of gremlin console(https://hub.docker.com/r/tinkerpop/gremlin-console/tags), please? Currently only amd64 version is available.

Hopefully it will be the same as gremlin server(https://hub.docker.com/r/tinkerpop/gremlin-server/tags), where both arm64 and amd64 are supported. I think gremlin server arm64 version got added with this ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2575, but I don't have permissions to create a ticket myself.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best Regards,
Zhen Lian

Cole Greer

Dec 7, 2023, 6:02:26 PM12/7/23
to gremli...@googlegroups.com

Hi Zhen,

The ARM64 console image was excluded when we first introduced multiarch gremlin-server images as the ARM console image was showing some instabilities during testing. I will be revisiting these tests to see if recent updates have improved the ARM stability, and/or what changes would still be needed.

If you would like to get a JIRA account setup as well, any TinkerPop PMC member can assist you with the account creation. I would suggest asking for help with this in the dev maillist (d...@tinkerpop.apache.org) or in our discord server (https://discord.gg/tinkerpop).

I will report back with any findings regarding the ARM console images.

Regards,

Cole Greer

Cole Greer

Dec 7, 2023, 8:22:54 PM12/7/23
to Gremlin-users
I've run some tests on ARM console container and it's working great. I no longer see any reason to exclude it from our deployments. I have created a JIRA for this issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-3021) and opened up a PR with the change (https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/2391). If this is accepted, the next TinkerPop release will include multiarch AMD64/ARM64 gremlin-console images. I have uploaded ARM console images for 3.6.6 and 3.7.1 to my personal repo however these are not official release binaries and should not be treated as such (https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/colegreer/gremlin-console/).

Regards,

Cole Greer

Zhen Lian

Dec 18, 2023, 5:47:27 PM12/18/23
to Gremlin-users
Just saw the change got merged. Thanks a lot for the help! This will tremendously simply our workflow :)