I'm pleased to announce G.V() (pronounced gee dot vee), a new IDE to support your every day Gremlin work.
G.V() is a software executable for Windows, Mac and Linux that allows you to write and execute gremlin queries against any hosted Gremlin Server technology that implements Apache Tinkerpop 3.4.0 or above.
In short, it does (and allows doing) the following:
- Create connection configurations to your gremlin server(s)
- Write, execute, save Gremlin queries against your gremlin server(s)
- Visualise your database's data model
- Auto complete of your queries as you write them
- Visualise the output of your gremlin queries in various formats (graph, plain text, table)
- Implements the Tinkergraph functionality to allow you to create in-memory graphs from scratch or against existing data, for learning and experimenting purposes.
It's free to download and use, no details required. You can get it now or learn more about it at https://gdotv.com
As this is a beta version feedback is crucial and will help turning G.V() into a solution that fits the needs of the Apache Tinkerpop community.
If you run into any bugs, please feel free to get in touch too.
Alternatively a survey is available from within the software itself.
Arthur from gdotv