nlba affecting paragraphs elsewhere in doc.

R. B. Jawad

May 13, 2020, 9:07:26 AM5/13/20
to Gregorio Users
Hi,

I've been puzzled by a formatting problem.  In one particular spot of my document, the paragraph spacing changes, depending on whether I include Gregorio scores or not.  The paragraphs are nowhere near the Gregorio scores in the document. So, for example, the scores go from pages 1 to 500.  Then there is just plain text from 501 to 600.  The problem occurs somewhere around 550.  I isolated the problem to Gregorio scores which have <nlba></nlba> somewhere in the gabc file.  If I take this command out, the paragraphs in the rest of the document are fine.  If I include it, there seems to be extra space added on certain paragraphs, so that text which would normally be all on one page is split over two pages.  It doesn't happen to every paragraph.  It seems like it happens when a new \section is included near the bottom of the page.  It gets pushed to a new page.  Somehow, the <nlba> is not getting turned off properly.  I do need it for certain scores.  Is there a way to force-kill it?  Like some command I can put after the score to make sure it is not active anymore?

Thanks,
--Ryan

=====

Fr. Samuel Springuel

May 13, 2020, 11:46:28 AM5/13/20
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Can you boil the problem down to an example which doesn’t consisted of that many pages? The best would be something that uses just 1 or 2 scores and some lorem ipsum text.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017
202-269-2300
(c) 202-853-7036

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

R. B. Jawad

May 13, 2020, 12:47:18 PM5/13/20
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
I might do that at some point. For now, a cheap workaround is to just compile the parts separately. Also, I found that if I clear the generated tex files and only compile once, I don’t get that clef/custos bug with scores containing flats. So I can get around using nlba.

> On May 13, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Fr. Samuel Springuel <rpspr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> --
> Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Fr. Samuel Springuel