Squaring off chants

Rob Leduc

Jun 27, 2021, 9:57:38 AM6/27/21
to Gregorio Users

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a technique to square off small chant snippets at the divisio finalis like in the attached image? [That is, end the lines at a divisio finalis so they don't extend horizontally past that point]

I'm trying to do this using \gabcsnippet but would be fine with a solution using \gregorioscore, if it provides a solution.

snippet.jpeg

R. Padraic Springuel

Jun 27, 2021, 10:06:32 AM6/27/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
See http://gregorio-project.github.io/tips/shortscore.html

✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

On Jun 27, 2021, at 9:57 AM, Rob Leduc <rled...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io
<snippet.jpeg>

Rob Leduc

Jun 27, 2021, 11:01:05 AM6/27/21
to Gregorio Users
Thanks - so to get it to end right at the divisio, I just have to manually play with the minipage width until it works out, then?

R. Padraic Springuel

Jun 27, 2021, 11:41:46 AM6/27/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com

> On Jun 27, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Rob Leduc <rled...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks - so to get it to end right at the divisio, I just have to manually play with the minipage width until it works out, then?

Yes. There’s no automatic short cuts here.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝

Jörg Hudelmaier

Jun 28, 2021, 6:16:28 PM6/28/21
to Gregorio Users
Maybe like this:?

\let\GreFinalDivisioFinalissav=\GreFinalDivisioFinalis%
\def\GreFinalDivisioFinalis{%
  \GreFinalDivisioFinalissav{}%
  \pdfextension literal direct{q 1 g}%
  \rlap{\vrule width \hsize height 2cm}%
  \pdfextension literal direct{Q}%
}%

Rob Leduc

Jul 25, 2021, 10:47:50 AM7/25/21
to Gregorio Users

Sorry to be so late with this - I had been traveling.

This could work in some situations, I think - the extra code draws a white box to the right of the divisio finalis to wipe out extra lines.

I found it easier to enclose the chant in a minipage, but the width has to be set explicitly, so requires trial and error to get right.