Incorrect glyph code in NABC

Matthias Bry

Jan 8, 2024, 7:09:03 AMJan 8
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

"toS2sux1" currently represents a torculus, shape variant 2, with a gravis attached after. This neume should more correctly be coded as "toS2suw2" since suw represents the gravis and sux the apostropha liquescens.

This is all the more problematic because there is actually such a thing as the torculus, shape variant 2, with an apostropha liquescens (cf. https://www.e-codices.unifr.ch/en/csg/0390/160/0/ R/ Qui persequebantur, "populum tuUM"), which should be properly coded "toS2sux1" and currently has no code.

I suggest recoding the glyph currently coded as "toS2sux1" to "toS2suw1", and adding "toS2sux1" based on the example given above.

I am available to do all the heavy lifting (for this and many other neumes currently unsupported by NABC) of coming up with proper vector graphics, modifying gregall and gresgmodern, and integrating the new glyph codes into the parser, if only someone explains me how... I have not managed to find by just looking at the Gregorio code.

In Christo,
Matthias

Fr. Samuel Springuel

Jan 9, 2024, 10:17:04 AMJan 9
to noreply-spamdigest via Gregorio Users
The developer who has contributed the most to NABC development is Jake Jelinek (https://github.com/jakubjelinek). He hasn’t made any contributions directly to Gregorio recently, but he still has active repositories on GitHub, so if you contact him he might be able to walk you through the process. Personally, I’ve never touched the NABC codebase, so I can’t help you there.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE