Dominican plica using V< not working

88 views
Skip to first unread message

Matthew Jarvis

unread,
Dec 24, 2025, 9:22:04 AM12/24/25
to Gregorio Users
Dear Gregorio users,

I’ve got the Dominican Salve in a chant manual for novices (nearing publication) and the plica on 'ostende' is not behaving itself. I’m using (cV<) and this had worked in our 2020 Vesperale, showing the vertical bars coming up on either side of the note [see attached Screenshot...]. 

But now it produces something else, with a single tail going down on the left and a wavy note-head [see attached Open Photo.jpeg]

Does anyone have an idea why it's doing that, or how to restore the Dominican plica above? 

Don't worry if it's a busy time now as we enter the Christmas celebrations – I may just have to go along with this now, but I can make any necessary edits next week if I get a solution. 

Happy Christmas!

Fr Matthew Jarvis OP

Open photo.jpeg
Screenshot 2025-12-24 at 12.29.34.png

Fr. Samuel Springuel

unread,
Dec 24, 2025, 3:04:50 PM12/24/25
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Do you know what version of Gregorio the 2020 Vesperale was compiled with? I’d like to bisect the code base to figure out where the change was introduced in order to figure what might be the cause, but I need a starting point for the bisect.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017
202-269-2300
(c) 202-853-7036

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ


David Chiang

unread,
Dec 27, 2025, 8:26:28 AM12/27/25
to Gregorio Users
I believe the solution might be to use \gresetgregoriofont[op]{greciliae}?

Matthew Jarvis

unread,
Jan 14, 2026, 1:16:34 PMJan 14
to Gregorio Users

Good evening, 
Thanks for the two replies to my query about the Dominican plica. 
I'm glad to say it was fixed by calling up \gresetgregoriofont[op]{greciliae}
God bless,
Matthew OP

Bobby Chastain

unread,
Aug 15, 2026, 10:10:26 AMAug 15
to Gregorio Users
Folks,

I'm a little late to the party here, but does anybody know how to apply this plica in SourceandSummit? I'm trying to reproduce chants exactly as they appear in the 1933 Antiphonarium, and my only experience with gabc so far is on sourceandsummit. If not, I'm curious what people might suggest as the best way to use gabc in visually facile way as sourceandsummit offers.

God bless,
Bobby

Matthew Roth

unread,
Aug 16, 2026, 1:17:50 AMAug 16
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
There isn’t one. You need to just use LaTeX. 

There are pre-Gregorio (and probably non-Latex) ways to approximate the AM, but S&S is not it.

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io
Archives for the old mailing list: http://www.mail-archive.com/gregori...@gna.org/
To report a bug, please post to: https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gregorio Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gregorio-user...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gregorio-users/3ecd077c-488c-4dbe-af8d-f05d46a3d1a0n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages