Avoid line break on hyphen

Romano Silva

Dec 29, 2023, 8:25:31 AM12/29/23
to Gregorio Users
Hello all,

Is it possible to avoid a line break on a word (hyphen)? In some cases, I would like automatic line breaks only on spaces.

R. Padraic Springuel

Dec 29, 2023, 12:58:39 PM12/29/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Increase endofsyllablepenalty to decrease the likelihood of words being broken between syllables: `\grechangecount{endofsyllablepenalty}{10000}`

A value of 10000 is TeX speak for an absolute prohibition. Values less than that indicate the preference for that break point relative to other penalties (higher numbers are less likely to be chosen as break points).  This is a universal setting, but can be changed between scores.

To prohibit a break in a particular spot in within a score without changing behavior elsewhere in the score, insert `\penalty10000` as a verbatim element to your score (using `<v></v>` in lyrics or `[nv:]` `[gv:]` or `[ev:]` in notes).
✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey