GABC annotation header formats / multiple lines

Rob Leduc

Dec 12, 2020, 3:14:02 PM12/12/20
to Gregorio Users
Hi all,

I'm trying to mimic the style in the Hartker Nocturnale Romanum, for example the Venite on the second page of this:

I read the annotations in from GABC using gresetheadercapture quite successfully, and I can certainly change the style globally for the annotation with grechangstyle.

However, like the attached, I'd like italics for the first annotation line and bold face for the second two.  I do not want to put the actual text of the annotation in the tex file because I have to put it in the GABC file to submit to Gregobase and the resulting double-maintenance will only lead to errors.

Is there some way to write a new command to count the line and change the format that I can wrap the annotation in using grechangestyle for the annotation style or something?  I can't figure out enough about the structure of the annotation box to know what to do.

Or some other solution (not involving retyping/hardcoding the annotation fields within the tex file)?

Thanks!

Rob Leduc

Rob Leduc

Dec 12, 2020, 3:28:35 PM12/12/20
to Gregorio Users
I guess maybe I should just put the first line in GABC using above lines text, i.e. <alt> ... </alt>.  Just not sure which fields are best to contain this information for others' usage.

Rob Leduc

Dec 12, 2020, 4:15:38 PM12/12/20
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Not to be a pest, but here is my minimal working example so far.  I can't seem to get the alt text to appear over the annotation, but otherwise it's pretty close to what I'm looking for:

Rob

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io
example.gabc