Two line score with two line initial cap.

Rob Leduc

Jan 25, 2022, 3:42:54 PM1/25/22
to Gregorio Users

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce the antiphon formatted as in the attached file antiphon.jpg.  One can question the wisdom of a two-line cap on a two-line antiphon, but there it is.

When running, I get an error message that I haven't specified two line breaks, as one might expect is necessary for a two line cap.  There is a second line break, but it is the last character in the score file, as the score only has two lines.

If I just hit "s" to scroll through all errors, the execution ends up working just fine.  The capital is placed just as you would want and the TeX file goes on compiling the next material.

Is there a way to get this to execute without an error message being generated?  Or perhaps the gregorio code for two-line caps could recognize a carriage return z/Z at the end of the score to confirm that this is, indeed, the second line for the cap?

MWE follows, with an initial cap attached as a .png file.

mwe.tex
--------------
% !TEX TS-program = lualatex
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8
\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[autocompile]{gregoriotex}

\begin{document}

\gresetinitiallines{2}
\greillumination{\includegraphics*[width=1in]{illumVgrimm2019.png}}
\gregorioscore{Andreae.Antiphon.1}

\end{document}

GABC file - Andreae.Antiphon.1.gabc
-----------------
name:Vidit Dominus Petrum;
office-part:Antiphona;
mode:7;
mode-differentia:c;
%%
et(h) vo(hih)ca(f)vit(fo~) e(e)os.(e) (::)
<eu> E(i) U(i) O(j) U(i) A(h) E.(gh) <eu> (::) (Z)

illumVgrimm2019.png
antiphon.jpeg

Rob Leduc

Jan 25, 2022, 5:40:28 PM1/25/22
to Gregorio Users
Nevermind - this is user error.  My second <eu> tag is missing a slash:  </eu>.