Narrowing score using changepage's adjustwidth environment

Stephen Robinson

Aug 12, 2022, 2:03:35 PM8/12/22
to Gregorio Users
Hello all,

I am a new user to Gregorio and I am trying to produce chants which are narrower than the full width of the page. I am unable to use minipage because I want the ability for chants to go across pagebreaks.

I thought that using the adjustwidth environment from the changepage package would be ideal. So I wrote this:

    \documentclass{book}

    \usepackage[autocompile]{gregoriotex}
    \usepackage{changepage}

    \begin{document}

    \begin{adjustwidth}{1in}{1in}
    \gregorioscore{SalveReginaSolemn.gabc}
    \end{adjustwidth}

    \end{document}

This partially works. The text, neumes, and other markings are all narrowed now, but the staff lines still seem to be the original length and extend off to the right of the chant too far. (This is using Gregorio 6.0.0).

Can anybody help me understand why this is happening, and how to resolve it? Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do (have narrower, centered chants which are able to cross pagebreaks)?

Thank you,
Stephen

Stephen Robinson

Aug 12, 2022, 8:19:07 PM8/12/22
to Gregorio Users
OK, I may have answered my own question. I was reading through the gregoriotex source and found that the length of the staff lines comes from \hsize. So I added this line inside the adjustwidth environment:

\setlength{\hsize}{\linewidth}

and everything (text, lines, and numes) is properly sized and positioned now.