paracol and column rule separators

paul....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2024, 5:40:45 PMMar 3
to Gregorio Users
I'm using the paracol package to display an English translation alongside the Latin texts, with a red vertical line in between the columns. I was previously using multicol for this, and these commands did what I wanted.

\setlength{\columnseprule}{0.5pt}

\renewcommand{\columnseprulecolor}{\color{red}}

The problem with multicol is that it doesn't flow across pages, requiring a lot more work to get everything printable.

With paracol, though, the second command is this:

\colseprulecolor{red}

and doesn't work when I include

\usepackage[autocompile]{gregoriotex}

I've tried removing all the other packages and adding them back one at a time, but it's only when I add gregoriotex that the column rule stops being red and displays in black. Is this some sort of conflict with how Gregorio assigns colours?

Matthew Roth

Mar 4, 2024, 5:16:30 PMMar 4
to Gregorio Users
as an aside, while the paracol documentation is problematic, it's the appropriate package for bilingual documents. I don't have problems with multiicol for Latin-only documents… but I digress.

Anyway I had a document up where I used paracol, so I tested \colseprulecolor{red}, and the columns stayed the same as they did without adding this to the preamble.

Fr. Samuel Springuel

Mar 8, 2024, 2:59:13 PMMar 8
to noreply-spamdigest via Gregorio Users
I just looked into this, and as I’ve posted in the appropriate issue in the repository, the problem is not with Gregorio, per se, but with luacolor, on which we depend. I suggest reporting to either luacolor or paracol.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE