Two annotations overlap leading letter

Greg Barnes

Mar 11, 2022, 11:44:12 AM3/11/22
to Gregorio Users
I need to have two annotations, as can be found in many liturgical works, but the bottom annotation overlaps the leading capitol, as in the screenshot.

Is there a way to fix this?
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.43.19 AM.png

W.A.Mozart

Mar 11, 2022, 11:49:34 AM3/11/22
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
I Greg.

You can use \grechangedim{annotationseparation} and \grechangedim{annotationraise} for the distances (you must see Distances in the manual) and \grechangestyle{annotation} for the size.

A.

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io
<Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 11.43.19 AM.png>

Matthew Roth

Mar 11, 2022, 2:51:58 PM3/11/22
to Gregorio Users
How are you using Gregorio? The only option on Source and Summit would be to change the size of the initial.

It's a bit wonky for me. The default point size is too big with my typeface of choice, but using \grechangestyle{initial} with \fontsize and 32pt text works well, except for Magnificat antiphons. Putting "Ant. ad Magnif." causes this even after changing the size of the letter, but it's not necessarily the case with all descending characters. Your mileage may vary (I'm not sure if it's font-related tbh). I once forgot the period in "Magnif.", it worked correctly, then it didn't once I fixed it… and I removed it again, only for this behavior to return, so I adjusted annotationraise as I normally do with this case.

In my case, raising the annotation 0.03mm is more than enough to correct the problem without disturbing the look of the score too much; hanging the size of the initial (another option) is a little to obvious, but again YMMV. (I know, the antiphonale tends to label each antiphon, but for booklets, an extra thing not attached to the score = more widows).