quick gabc question for punctum mora on rhombuses

Rob Leduc

Jun 7, 2021, 2:08:33 PM6/7/21
to Gregorio Users

Hi,

I know we can adjust the position of the punctum mora on notes by using, e.g. f.1 vs. f.0 to pick an upper or lower position for the dot if we don't like the default choice, which is almost always perfect in my experience.

For rhombuses (and perhaps this differs with various inclinations - I haven't checked that), the positions are towards the bottom or the midpoint of the height of the glyph, which, I suppose, serves to distinguish choices most appropriate for a note falling on a line versus a space.

Is there an available choice to put the dot at the top end of the rhombus, in a position analogous to the bottom point, but at the other end?

Thanks

Rob

R. Padraic Springuel

Jul 21, 2021, 10:27:08 AM7/21/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Missed this back when it was sent, but will post a response now (hope it’s not too late).

Currently that option is not available. If it’s really necessary, you would need to request it by filing an issue on GitHub, ideally with an example score which shows where it would be useful (to form the test case).

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE