LuaLaTeX compilation error

Devrim Abaci

Nov 6, 2023, 8:41:40 PM11/6/23
to Gregorio Users
Hello,

I'm new to Gregorio, but I have previous LaTeX experience. I recently freshly installed MacTeX. Gregorio ran fine on a .gabc file, but I'm running into a compilation error at the command line with LuaLaTeX on the resultant .gtex file. I made sure to use the --shell-escape switch.

The error is:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.2 \GregorioTeXAPIVersion
{6.0.0}%

After playing with the .gtex file, it seems LuaLaTeX is not recognizing any GregorioTeX commands. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Fr. Samuel Springuel

Nov 7, 2023, 9:45:33 AM11/7/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
A gtex file is not a complete LaTeX document. It lacks a preamble, `\begin{document}…\end{document`, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Gtex files must be included into LaTeX documents which use the Gregorio package.

That said, there’s really very few reasons for manually running Gregorio from the command-line yourself these days. The Gregorio package is designed to call the command-line tool as needed during LuaLaTeX document compilation. I suggest looking at our tutorials for using GregorioTeX:

Using the `\gabcsnippet` command:
http://gregorio-project.github.io/tutorial/tutorial-snippet-01.html

Using the `\gregorioscore` command:
http://gregorio-project.github.io/tutorial/tutorial-gabc-file-01.html